Convention Staffer (Part Time)
Sanshee is looking for contract workers to staff our booths at various conventions throughout the year, with a primary focus on PAX South & PAX East. Given that this is a contract position, you will be hired through a temp agency and provided a W-2 by them. However, if hired you will be working directly with Sanshee and encouraged to list us as a work reference. We pride ourselves on being a team of friendly, passionate, and hard-working folks who love our community. If you think you are a good fit for us, please review the responsibilities and requirements below!
- We are currently prioritizing PAX staff and looking for people local to San Antonio, TX and Boston, MA.
- We are also looking for people local to the following cities for upcoming shows:
- Austin or Houston, TX
- Los Angeles or San Jose, CA
- Washington, D.C.
- Raleigh, NC
- Atlanta, GA
- Chesapeake or Hampton, VA
- Receive and transport boxes containing merchandise and equipment.
- Set up booth equipment and dress table(s) to display merchandise according to given instructions.
- Represent Sanshee in every interaction with customers, exhibitors, and event staff. We wish to provide a safe, positive, and inclusive space at every convention we attend, and you must be wholeheartedly committed to this ideal.
- Keep the booth neat and organized throughout the event; keep watch over all merchandise, equipment, and cash.
- Take notes and keep accurate records of expenses, inventory, etc.
- Pack all merchandise and equipment after the show and ship back to Sanshee.
- Have at least two years’ experience in a retail/customer service position.
- Able to stay on your feet for long hours and lift up to 45lbs.
- Friendly, personable, and able to interact positively with customers.
- Passionate about games/anime/pop culture; knowledge of our licensed properties and familiarity with our products.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to keep accurate records in provided documents.
- Creative problem solving; able to think on your feet and adapt.
- Have experience working as an exhibitor at conventions.
- Familiar with Shopify Point of Sale or similar vendor apps (e.g. Square, Revel).
- Own a car and/or able to drive.
Even if you don't fit all the requirements, we encourage all who feel they are a good fit to apply!
How to Apply
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants must be available for interview via Skype/Discord/Hangouts.