On Thanksgiving day, Sanshee will be opening its doors to anyone in the general fandom for a community Thanksgiving. We’ve held events at Sanshee before, from Kirkwall Con, Friday Fundays, to general fun events and parties. This year, we’d like to invite you to our Friendsgiving. While we can’t provide any sort of transportation or accommodation for you, we are happy to provide a home cooked meal, good friends, great conversation and new friends.
One of the best things about working at Sanshee is the fact that, for all of us, Sanshee is like a family. We all come from very different backgrounds and walks of life, but we come together because of a shared love of video games, anime, merchandise and general nerdery. Many of us spend our holidays traveling to go to conventions where we can meet other fans who are as passionate about the products and licenses that we work with as we are.
Unfortunately, not everyone is as lucky as we are to have that. The last few weeks have been a very trying time for many of us and we want to welcome everyone to come together as friends and fellow fans to make Thanksgiving a happier day for all of us.
This is open to anyone who is local to Seattle or has the ability to be here on Thanksgiving day.
Sanshee is located at the Prudential Building: 114 Alaskan Way S, Ste 100, Seattle WA 98104.
Parking may be difficult due to our downtown location. There are parking lots in the area and there is street parking; if possible, come early to have a better chance at something close. We are a few blocks from the Pioneer Square Station and the King Street Station, and even closer to the Seattle Ferry.
Friendsgiving will start at 12PM PST on the 24th, eating will begin around 3PM PST and go until approximately 8PM. This is to ensure that A) people have a place to go at any point during the day and B) if they have other commitments, they can join at a different time. You are welcome to stay as long as this event continues.
WHAT WE WILL HAVE:
Employees of Sanshee will be bringing a variety of foods. Depending on the number of RSVPs, there will be turkey, general Thanksgiving sides and dishes, and - of course - pie. If you are someone with dietary restrictions, please let us know in this Google doc. we will do our best to accommodate you. Additionally, we will have a TV set up with movies and gaming.
This is an inclusive event. Sanshee will be providing nametags so you can write your preferred name on it, as well as preferred pronouns. We ask that everyone who attends this event is respectful of those who attend. We will need you to also fill out the Google doc with as many details as possible.
WHAT TO BRING:
Yourself! You can bring others so long as it is written on the Google doc, so we know how many people to expect. We also ask that if you can bring a side of some kind; please feel free to and let us know in the doc what you may be bringing so we can plan accordingly. We understand if you’re unable to do so and will be providing food/drinks regardless of what is brought.
- I don’t eat turkey, what can I do? If you specify what dietary requirements you have, we are happy to accommodate as best as we can. Turkey will be here, but we can also plan on other items for vegetarians, etc.
- I don’t know anyone who will be attending! That’s fine! I (Sarah) will be there from before it starts until a little after it opens. We’ll have nametags and will likely set something up so you can find people who have the same interests as you, too. I will be going through and introducing people to each other if they would like, so no one feels uncomfortable.
- I can only attend for a short amount of time! That’s fine! Some of us will be spending part of Thanksgiving with friends and family elsewhere and joining later. Please feel free to drop by whenever you can. The ideal time to be there is 3PM since we’ll begin serving food, but we also have people who live close by, so we can stagger things out a little depending on when people are due to arrive.
- I have a question not addressed here! Please feel free to email Sarah@sanshee.com with any questions that you may have regarding this. I’m happy to address anything that comes up.
In short, the holidays can be a stressful time for a lot of people. At Sanshee, we’d like to do what we can to make it as enjoyable and inclusive as possible. We look forward to meeting those of you in the community through the coming year and hope that you and yours have a wonderful holiday season.
We hope to see you there!
- Sarah and the rest of Team Sanshee